About Mansfield Landscaping
A-1 Landscaping of Orlando, Inc. was founded in 1982 by Steve Mansfield. In 2006, it was renamed to Mansfield Landscaping, LLC to emphasize the family aspect of the business. In 2007, we took on a partner and future total owner, Ronald Martin, our son-in-law.
Steve Mansfield is from Central Illinois where he grew up in 5 boy's homes and 17 foster homes. He moved to Orlando in 1980 and after a couple of years of sleeping in and out of his car as well as flop houses. Working in labor pools for $25.00 per day, he realized he needed to develop a plan for a better life. He took his $54.00 and a loan from a friend of $600.00, and turned it into a multi-million per year business. He never forgets where he came from and has donated in excess of 1 million dollars to places he's lived in as well as local boy's homes in Orlando such as Edgewood Children's Ranch.
From 1982-2000 we worked mainly in the Orlando area. From 2000-2007 we expanded into Lake County, working on new homes as well as existing homes at the Plantation of Leesburg. The project built out on December of 2006 and we stayed until the completion. When we first started with this project there were 4 landscapers until 3 months later when they narrowed it down to just us. We did 1700 homes, 5 model homes, and 2 club houses.
In 2007, we started doing after market landscaping in The Villages, Florida as well as the rest of Central Florida. We created a world class nursery and outdoor showroom, and estimate that even though we had a hundred competitors in The Villages alone, we do 1 out of every 5 after market jobs.
Our philosophy is simple; keep our word, do what we say, and do whatever it takes to make the customer happy. That's why there's never a deposit required. If you are not happy we will do what it takes to make you happy. Estimates never take more than 1-2 days and jobs never take more than 3-10 days.
Same day free estimates
Most jobs start in 3-4 days. We bring the showroom to you - complete in-home shopping experience!
We have samples of all rock, flagstone and accent wall material in our vehicle. Also, our 350-page color portfolio shows realistic size material; our trucks are also equipped with tablets to show you over 1,000 pictures of our completed jobs.
- When getting other quotes: have specific amounts and types of product, amount of sod, footage of curbing, etc.
- Never give a deposit, we do not ask for one.
- Ask if you are not happy with the job if they guarantee it or will remove everything at no cost to you.
- Ask if they bring three (3) times the quantity and three (3) times the type of plants you need to let you choose others in case you are not satisfied with your original selections.
- Ask if they will plant all the big stuff and place small plants in buckets to allow you to re-arrange them until you are happy.
- Ask if they have a web site, a portfolio of all jobs completed and a brochure depicting any plants that may be used.
- Ask if they will drive you around to jobs they have done so you can see their prior work.
- Ask if their irrigation tech comes by after every job to adjust your irrigation, re-set your timers and make sure everything gets 100 percent coverage. By law, all new landscaping is allowed to be watered for 30 days, from 4pm until 10am.
- Ask if they furnish frost blankets for all cold sensitive plants if necessary.
- Ask if they will come to your home within 48 hours if you need service. Do they guarantee all work will start within 3-4 days?
- 9 out of 10 landscapers do not have Workmans Comp or have General Liability coverage. Ask to see our certificates.